Life coaching is a very personal experience. It is important that you and your coach connect on a deep level. You need to trust your coach and feel save to open up and share personal thoughts and experiences. There need to be a mutual connection.
To ensure a balance in the relationship I am sharing some personal thoughts and experiences about myself. It is only fair if I would like you to walk that road, I have to make the journey myself. You can read about my life here.
What I find really important is that you enjoy your process and that you find it exciting and interesting. It is a journey that will challenge you from time to time but above all, it is a positive journey. It is about learning to make choices that improve your happiness. Now and for the rest of your life.
I have helped people who suffered from serious stress conditions, such as tinnitus, vertigo, eating disorders, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, burn-out, and depression; I have worked with clients who felt stuck, blocked, emotional, unhappy, worried, lost, angry and frustrated and in all cases, within three months, they felt like a completely different person.
Professional experience - Dr Mariette Jansen
- PhD interpersonal communication
- Consultancy jobs within IT companies (SUN, HP, RICOH)
- Management consultant (HP, Philips)
- Retrained as a psychotherapist
- Worked since 2001 as a therapist, a teacher in adult education and worked in London in an outreach job for The Big Issue
- Currently: author, blogger, life coach and meditation teacher
Press publications Mariette Jansen:
- Columnist for Darling Magazine
- Happiful Magazine: expert about work life balance
- Coaching a cynical journalist……. The Guardian A series of three: Article 1
- Stress personalities concept, published in Notebook (Sunday Mirror Magazine) and NOW magazine
- Featured in the Daily Mail
- Stress expert in Sainsbury’s Magazine
- Recognised stress advisor to GPs
Read more about my successful coaching method.