Narcissistic mothers can easily damage your happiness. Mothers have an enormous influence on the development and happiness of their children. A primary relationship that can make or break a person. Luckily, the damage that is done in childhood can be repaired, through coaching, processing and learning.
One of the ‘types’ of mothers that are extremely damaging for the healthy development of their children is someone with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. If you have low self-esteem, no sense of self, never feel good enough or worthy, you might be the product of a narcissistic mother.
How to recognise a narcissistic mother?
- Life revolves around her and not around her children. Unless the children make her look good and important.
- She will always be better, more interesting, prettier, successful than her children.
- As a child, you can’t do it right. As a result, you will walk on eggshells and feel really insecure.
- You have to give her compliments and admiration, otherwise, there might be no food, money or a lift.
- She will take advantage of you.
- You can’t talk to her about your problems and definitely not about emotions.
- You won’t have a close connection with your siblings, because she will have prevented that through lying and manipulation.
- You will not feel at ease with her.
- She won’t do anything to help you.
I left my narcissistic mother behind
My mother is the perfect narcissist – of course perfect. But in honesty, she is one of the worst examples and I have been very damaged. But, the good news is that I have managed to leave her behind. If you recognise that your mother has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder and you want to know how to diminish her influence, I offer a FREE coaching call. I can share what I did and help you to find out how you can make changes. It is all about repairing her damaging influence and creating a safe distance between you and her. We can discuss how you can change and taking ownership of your life, without your mum.