What can you do to make Xmas peaceful and relaxed?
- Set expectations aside. Did you know: ‘Expectations and disappointment are each other’s best friends’ – Dr Mariette Jansen
- Be aware of boundaries: you are only responsible for your actions, not for those of other people
- Don’t put Quality Street on the table, as this is one of the most common reasons that sparks a row
- Stay away from ‘heated and charged’ topics, which could easily lead to arguments
- Share the load. If you are hosting, ask for help. If you are a guest, offer help
- If something annoys you, let it go straight over your head. Don’t pay attention to it, as by giving it energy it becomes stronger
- Aim for fun, kindness and presence.